Instagram

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way

12106828_10154261631653484_8381725479355167529_n
Hello, it's been a long time.
Today, I wanna say this. I wouldn't have it any other way.
What is it you might ask?
Becoming a mother, my beloved Tyrael's mother.
Recently, Hubby and I made a big decision, that is to let our helper go. We noticed that her heart was no longer here and she had talked about going back to her country next March'16 just several days before we decided it was time.
You might think, why would letting go your helper be a big decision? You just won't have someone to settle your housework for you or have extra free time while your helper helps to attend to your baby (Etc: Longer bath times, Movies).
With the helper gone, Hubby and I are handling everything ourselves. Of course, it is our job and responsibility after all, to handle our household and baby ourselves. But it's a different society and age now compared to the last generation. Back then, many wives could easily be stay home mums and with just the husband working, a family of 5 was still sustainable. Now?! No way!
Most mothers now have to continue working as soon as our maternity leave is over and work hard to keep our jobs if not, the family will have to "eat grass". Lol.
We started Tyrael with a infant care centre so we know he'll be in good care while both of us mug hard at work during the day. Man how heartbreaking it is to see your baby cry for more than half an hour due to not being used to the new environment and new people. Parents who send their children to infant care/childcare will know this best, that our precious Prince & Princesses will most likely fall sick.
Best of all, you have no one else to help you take care of your baby so you don't have to take leave and time off from work, risking the possibility of your bosses not being happy.
Sure it has been so exhausting physically and mentally, so stressful and hard to maintain sanity at times.
With a baby, there's no more freedom of going anywhere you want at any time. No more sleeping in as long as you want. No more fit body, no more many things you have had before and took for granted.
Of course, at times when I am so exhausted and stressed out, I wonder if I would be doing better if I hadn't had a baby. Oh the so many things I could be doing and achieving. I could still have kept my figure, continue my passion of photoshoots, hang out with friends and play games whenever I want.
BUT....
The joy and laughter Tyrael has given me, the motivation and determination he made me have.....
Just his mere existence is a reason why I should press on and fight for a better life for him, for us.
His arrival has changed me so much as a person. I was a lazy girl who only wanted to play, have fun and had no sense of responsibility at all. But now, I am motivated to work hard everyday, get things done, do well at work and earn enough to give him a decent life that he deserves.
With my passion for CSGO gaming, I try my best to find time to play with my team after Tyrael's asleep and housework is done. Because of Tyrael, I am motivated to do well in all I do. Be it work or my gaming passion.
Less time, less freedom, yes that's unavoidable.
I am blessed to still have a husband by my side and blessed to be Tyrael's mum.
I love you my son, and I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY.

No comments: