Instagram

Monday, May 12, 2014

The Next MFP Blogger Award + Mrs Singapore & Classic Mrs Singapore Pageant 2014

http://www.myfatpocket.com/lifestyle/are-you-the-next-mfp-blogger.html
Whoaaa... I still can't believe it, but I really won The Next MFP Blogger 2014 Title! It felt so surreal until I actually walked on stage to receive the sash!

I was invited to attend the Mrs Singapore & Classic Mrs Singapore 2014 Grand Finals held @ Orchid Country Club's Grand Ballroom where I will be presented with the sash.

This is the first time I'm attending such a grand event and I had nothing suitable to wear! Seeing that I was informed of being the winner only 2 days before the event, I kinda panicked as I had no idea what to wear and where to get a appropriate dress! Thanks to my dearest sister/personal fashion advisor (I always ask her for fashion advice!) @TabbyLim, we managed to get my dress after running a couple of places!)

Dress from LoveDovey @ City Plaza at only $69! 

I wore a flowy blue navy dress with a silver chain belt to define the waist area and compliment my baby bump! With blue being my favourite colour, it was no question I was gonna choose a dress of that colour for such a big night and Tabby said it would be a great colour to go with! BLUE FTW! LOL. >.<

I curled my hair for a different look from my usual straight/dull hair and paired the dress with a silver/gold clutch and silver heels.

Bought this clutch for $26.90 only! 
Shoes from LoveDovey @ City Plaza at only $39.90!

I was very happy with this photo as I managed to take a selfie without looking too chubby! Lol! I naturally was already chubby before the pregnancy, and now the chubbiness and swelling is like OMG! You shall see from the other photos, especially my arms. >.<  Anyway a tip for girls with chubby/rounder face, USE YOUR HAIR TO COVER! That's what I do and works for me at least. :) 
Anyway, we reached the reception area outside the ballroom, hanged around and went in shortly after to be seated!
Check out their crowns! Woots!
Gorgeous beauty queens posing for pictures!


Hubby and I took a selfie while waiting for the event to start!
Menu of the delicious dishes we enjoyed for dinner!
The pageant then started and the contestants appeared on stage with a vibrant dance and then introduction of themselves! 
The night went on with contestants taking the stage, strutting down the red carpet with such gorgeous outfits, confidence and smile, reminding us again why they were there! All the contestants looked so stunning and gorgeous!

Photo Credits to @Mrs Singapore & Classic Mrs Singapore Pageant

We continued the dinner while enjoying performances, the Q&A segment and many many prize and title presentations! It was only until 11PM before it was my turn to get up on stage to receive the sash! I was ushered to the side of the stage to await my turn and it was nerve wrecking waiting for my turn as the thought of going up on stage with everyone watching you just scares me! Mind you, I have stage fright!

But luckily, the presenter of my award was Chris from MFP and he was great in engaging in a small convo while presenting so both of us would not be nervous! I went up nervously but successfully being very careful and cautious when walking as I did not want to trip or fall down and hurt baby X or anything! Got the sash and was surprised there's even a tiara and trophy! TOO MUCH! Thank you +MyFatPocket!
Photo Credits to Jessie Ting (Resident Blogger of MFP and Judge for the pageant @ http://blog.myfatpocket.com/jessieting/finals-event-cover-for-mrs-singapore-classic-singapore-pageant-2014/
Read her blog for more cover of the pageant! 
Came back to the table and took photos with MFP's Bianca & Rachel!
Photo Credits to Rachel He~
Left to Right: Bianca , Me, Rachel~

With hubby! Thank you for being there to support me and taking care of me! ^.^ The pillar of my life~
And then, it's time for photos! The event ended around 12am+! I was tired from wearing the heels (have not worn heels for the past 6 months due to pregnancy and only made an exception for the event!) and the pregnancy fatigue was making me miss my bed badly!

Not easy being pregnant and having to deal with the swelling and fatigue all the time! But I'm sure it'll all be worth it when I meet Baby X! Oh yeah, sidetrack a little, here's a glimpse of Baby X through 3D scan!

Isn't he cute?! Could not stop staring at the photo after I got it! He looks so much like hubby from here! Well anyway Dr said we'll be able to see more when I get further along and I can't wait! ^.^ I'm currently 26 weeks already! GOGOGO!

MY ARMS OMG! >.< No choice la, can only do something about it after giving birth! 
With the awesome MFP Team!
HUBBY, Xavier Gan looking great that night! 

I had a great evening, thanks to +MyFatPocket !

Am very honoured and excited to be joining the MFP family! Thank you for this wonderful opportunity!
Will be moving my blog over soon!

Meanwhile stay tuned for my Renovation Post on our new crib!

Till next time.

Love,
Vall~ ^.^

No comments: