Instagram

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Clifford Clinic @ Raffles

Hiya!
It's been quite some time since I blogged! Have been busy and adjusting to getting back to work, baby and etc. Also my eye problem, Uveitis relapsed and it's been getting in the way of me blogging, doing work and etc. I'm on medication now and hoping it'll recover soon as it's agony to not be able to see properly! I wanna see my baby Tyrael clearly so much but the now impaired vision is really getting to me!
So after such a long time, I finally managed to squeeze out some time and visit my friend at his new clinic!
More than a year ago, I had fillers and jaw botox done by Gerard and after a few months later I found out about baby Tyrael so ever since then I had not done any aesthetics treatments. So well, with pregnancy comes all the "side effects" as I call it. All the acne, weight gain, bad complexion and etc. I was so taken down by the nausea and tiredness back then I totally forgot what is skincare! Haha.
Anyway, on 13th Dec 14, I made a trip down to Gerard's new The Clifford Clinic @ Clifford Centre located conveniently just a couple of mins walk away from Raffles Place MRT Station.
IMG_1510
It's always nice to meet up with a friend after such a long time! We used to play CS:GO together with a few other friends until everyone got busy with the happenings in our lives.
So the newly renovated clinic is really nice and have a really cozy ambience with several treatment rooms for different purposes.
IMG_1496IMG_1498IMG_1499IMG_1500
IMG_1501

Gerard showed me around and introduced me to his new clinic! So happy for him as I'm sure setting up a new clinic isn't easy and from what I saw, he's made the clinic so nice! I've always been a fan of cozy ambience and warm lightings so that point I totally loved! And as a consumer, what we look for when we visits stores, shops and etc is security and that trustworthy feel. And especially for aesthetics treatments, we wanna know we're in good hands and feel at ease so having the right ambience and atmosphere at the clinic is a plus point!
Anyway, I went to have the HydraFacial and laser done.  Here's some information on the HydraFacial!
(Extract from http://www.cliffordclinic.com/services/hydrafacial/)

HYDRAFACIAL

The Proven Way To Enhance Your Natural Beauty With Soft, Smooth And Clearer Looking Skin

The process is broken down into 5 steps as follows:

1. Cleansing and Exfoliation – First we remove your dead skin cells
2. Acid Peel – We then use Acid Peels to loosen dirt from your pores
3. Extractions – Next, we painlessly clean out your pores using vortex suction
4. Hydration – Antioxidants and Hyaluronic are Vortex-Fused to nourish and protect your skin
5. Protection – The HydraFacial daily essentials will be used to protect your skin and maintain results
Here’s What You Can Expect From The Procedure:
Visibly reduced fine lines & wrinkles: As we get older wrinkles gradually cause us to lose our youthful appearance. But our procedure reverses the aging process to significantly reduce your fine lines, and in some cases remove them completely.
Diminished hyperpigmentation: Regular exposure to the sun causes freckles, sunspots and discoloration of the skin (particularly for fair skin). Our HydraFacial treatment removes these unwanted spots from your face, leaving you with an unmarked, even skin tone.
Improved acne-prone skin: Acne prone skin can be a nightmare to get on top of. Our HydraFacial procedure will significantly reduce the appearance of acne and also prevent it from getting worse.
Refined skin tone & skin texture: Our HydraFacial exfoliates dead skin cells and extracts impurities with a vacuum-based skin abrasion tip. This includes simultaneously bathing the healthy underlying skin with active serums that exfoliate thoroughly, cleanse deeply, hydrate completely, and provide residual antioxidant protection.
Hydrated skin: The HydraFacial treatment gets its name from the word “hydrate”, which is defined as "to cause to take up moisture". It works by removing dead skin cells and impurities while simultaneously bathing the new skin with solutions that contain cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing properties. This results in improved suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
IMG_1508
IMG_1505
So the procedure is relaxing and painless. It's just like going to your average facial appointments. Except for HydraFacial, the facial is done using a machine instead of the beautician squeezing and oozing out your acnes, pores and etc. It also doesn't take as long as the traditional facial. I was done in about 20 mins or so!  Great for working individuals as you can have a HydraFacial done within your lunch time!
Although some people still prefer the traditional way, if you can't really bear pain well and hope for a facial appointment to be relaxing instead of clenching your fists every time the beautician squeezes your blackheads, HydraFacial is for you!
At the end of the facial there was a cooling mask done for me and it was damn relaxing! I got a shoulder massage too! One of the best parts of the whole facial as my shoulder and etc have been so stiff from all the carrying of baby and etc. Definitely helped loosen up my muscle a little!
I then had the Q Switch Laser done for my face to help improve my skin tone. It's been months since I went for a facial so my face has quite a bit of marks on it. So Gerard recommended me the Q Switch Laser to improve my skin and take a step closer to flawless skin!

Q SWITCH LASER

Take A Step Closer To Getting The Radiant Skin You Always Wished You Had, Safely And Surely

Here is our range of skin conditions that can be healed by our Q Switch Laser Treatment:
1. Rejuvenation (Non-ablative skin resurfacing, Wrinkles, Acne Scars, Large Pores): Also known as Carbon Peel as a topical carbon lotion is applied following Q-switch laser. The carbon absorbs laser energy and gets fragmented along with the dead cells, resulting in a perfect skin exfoliation.
2. Epidermal Pigmentation (Freckles, Solar Lentiges and Melasma): The laser energy selectively destroys melanin found in the epidermis. The pigmented area will turn red after treatment. A red, mild scab may form but will fall off within a few days. Eventually it will leave behind flawless skin without any pigmentation.
3. Dermal pigmentation (Tattoo Removal, Nevus of Ota, Hori’s Nevus and Birthmark): Laser delivers light with very high peak energy pulses that are absorbed by the pigment in the tattoo and result in an acoustic shockwave. The shockwave shatters the pigment particles, releasing them from their encapsulation and breaking them into fragments small enough for removal by the body. The body then eliminates these tiny particles.
4. Acne: Laser light kills bacteria and destroys sebacous glands. The superficial carbon peeling controls acne inflammation, reduces sebum production, unplugs pores and minimizes pore size. It can also improve some acne scars, uneven pigmentation, reduce red spots after inflammatory acne and poor skin texture.
5. Vascular Lession (Spider Veins): The laser energy targets the hemoglobin of red blood cells within the treated blood vessels. The heat generated in the red blood cell leads to micro-clotting and causes irritation of the inner lining of the blood vessel, leading to its partial or complete collapse, and eventually degeneration. Over the next few weeks, the vessel will disappear and the body’s scavenging cells will remove the blood.
At first I was terrified and worried that the laser will be painful but Gerard reassured me that it's bearable and not to worry. Well I wanted to improve my skin so I had to go through with it! In the end, when he started the machine, it wasn't as bad as I thought! It feels like a bunch of ants crawling on your face and after a while, it kinda feels numb and there wasn't any pain for me! It only felt like a little sting!

STRETCHMARKS!

Stretchmarks! Oh man, one of the things mothers hope they and pray they wouldn't get! For me unfortunately, towards the end of my pregnancy, the stretchmarks surfaced and made its presence! To think I was kinda getting my hopes up of not getting any of it at all as they didn't appear till I was about 8 months pregnant!
I showed these to Gerard and he said that stretchmarks can definitely be lightened over time and boy was I glad to hear that! What needed to be done to help was to use laser to lighten the marks over sessions. So we did some laser to part of the affected area for me to try. My actual stretchmarks stretches from my butt all the way up to my waist!
Am not gonna show the full photo so here's part of it with proper clothing on. Apologies as the photo are a bit blurry.
IMG_1518IMG_1519
It will take time for these stretchmarks to lighten and possibly be treated till almost unseen so I'll update again on the progress after I visit for more treatments!
Anyway, had a fun time catching up with my friend Gerard and congratulations on his new clinic! He's a friendly Dr who's willing to answer to your queries patiently and recommend treatments suitable to your needs whether you wanna improve your looks or take care of some flaws.
Visit their website or call them to book an appointment for your enquiry now! :)
IMG_1507

IMG_1511

Till next time¬
Love,
Vall

No comments: