Instagram

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Audi Fashion Week 2011 - Francis Cheong Couture, Christy Chung & Marie France Bodyline


17th May 2011 was the day I first set foot at a Fashion Show Event.
It was everything you would seee on TV!

Red carpet, Glamorous, Fashionistas Mingling, Celebrities, Models.
Thanks to OMY.SG, I got the chance to attend this glamorous event!

Disclaimer ** I've got to say this in advance, despite me being armed with a 7D DSLR that day, with my poor skills of handling a DSLR at night time with low lighting, my photos aren't of good quality! But hope you are able to have a rough idea of how the place is like! :)


I attended the event with my baby sister, Tabby. When we first arrived at the TENT @ Orchard , Ngee Ann Civic Plaza, we went like" Whoa, okay, so now what?"

Anyway, we eventually found the organizer , got our invitation card and went in.

There was a red carpet not far away from the entrance, with a couple of photographers hanging around, approaching guests to take photos of them on the red carpet with the brand's background board(Sorry I've got no idea what's the name for the board!). 



I tried my best to get a good shot but failed! They're indeed photogenic! With my lousy skills, they still looked good!

Anyway, there's this bar with all the guests around mingling. Saw some Celebrities!

The place was kinda packed with all the Guests!
A while later all guests headed to get seated. We had to go through a curtain-like partition. 
The crazy pack of Media armed with their "Guns" !
Alright, the show started with a couple of videos of Christy Chung promoting Marie France at various events, followed by music and here comes the models! 


Photos in Random Order! I'm unable to show all looks here, so I'm gonna pick some of my top favourites for you!
Photo by Lisa Maree Williams/Getty Images AsiaPac
Model: Nadya Hutagalung
 
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPa
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPac
This is my favourite dress!
Celebrities!
Very Daring and Bold Colour, paired with the epic hairstyle, FASHION!
I love her stare! All the while during her catwalk, her eye contact is amazing! Very strong and beautiful!
Guess who's this hot babe?! It's our very own local celebrity Ms Irene Ang!
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPac
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPac
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPac
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPac
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPac
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPac
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPac
Now, the last model to strut down the runway is none other than Actress & International Celebrity Ms Christy Chung! Good news, I took a HD Video of her while she was waving the the crowd! ( Will upload soon! File too big! )
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPac
Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images AsiaPa
Mr Francis Cheong then came to join Christy Chung at the end of the runway to bow and wave to the crowd and pose for pictures.

I went to the show not knowing who Francis Cheong was. But, I left the show with great impression of this designer. His style is filled with bold colours, daring, unique and creative. With each model strutting down the runway with dresses he designed, it just gets better. 

He is definitely someone to look out for in this multi-million dollar industry. From what I see, his designs has no restrictions! And that, is definitely what people are looking for nowadays. 
NO RESTRICTIONS! WELL DONE MR FRANCIS CHEONG!

Alright folks, now let me end the post with photos not from the runway! 

Me, Janet the OMY organizer & Tabby
Nicole Chen & her friend. :)
I was lucky to catch Celebrity Model DJ Nicole Chen after the show and took a photo with her!
Tabby & a pretty blogger!
My sister on the red carpet!
Please ignore my face. I looked bad. :(

Till next time, 
Love, ~Setsukovall~

No comments: